Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points Styles + Label Styles

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
EvgenyPetushkov
1157 Views, 29 Replies

Points Styles + Label Styles

I am trying to set-up point and point label styles to show trees on a survey plan. The point styles is set with a block, and a label is a regular label style that shows a point number and elevation. The problem comes when the label is positioned ouside of the block that represents the point. What I need is sort of fixed offset from the centre of the point.

Does anyone have any clues? Thank you,

Capture.JPG

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
stacy.dunn
in reply to: ajdolby

You probably need to select the component first before changing the height.  A label can have more than one piece.  I the example below, the label has a Tag, Bearing and Distance in separate components.  You pick the drop-down and choose the component first, then change its properties.

Stacy Dunn
Message 22 of 30
ajdolby
in reply to: stacy.dunn

Yes. I know that. I have tried modifying all three with no luck. 

Message 23 of 30
ajdolby

Correction- Stacy, that is not true for Text Style, you do not have to select the Component.

Does that mean I am looking in the wrong place and this Text Style line is just a red herring? 

Message 24 of 30
stacy.dunn

You are correct, the text style for a label can be changed in one place on the General tab.  The text heights, however, should be changed on the layout tab.  There will be a different height for each component.

You also need to change the height in the Dragged State tab.

Stacy Dunn
Message 25 of 30
Jeff_M

And as I mentioned previously, the Text Style is used ONLY for obtaining the font style to be used. The Text Height is controlled for each component as Stacy has said, and is the PLOTTED text height. SO a height of 0.08" in the style will show 8' high on a 1"=100' plan, or 3.2' high on a 1"=40' plan, but both will plot 0.08" high on paper.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 26 of 30
ajdolby
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff-

Its months later and Im still exploding these insane Annotative labels that make no sense.

I can change either the Text Height or the Text Style in that window and nothing is effected ever under any circumstances.

Now I notice that something strange is happening in your video. When you go to alter the Text Height or other properties youre doing something twitchy and then a second little cartoon window pops up and you click on some green text and then a bunch of other things at 1000 MPH and then presumably you have changed the properties of the demented annotative labels.

No matter how I twitch, there is no way to make the cartoon window with the little green text in it come up like you do. What is that?

Message 27 of 30
stacy.dunn

The twitchy part of the video is when he double clicked on the style to bring up the style composer (editor).

To get the green text (field), you need to click on the box next to contents.  the section that starts with "<{Segment"

composer.JPG

After you pick on it, you should see a button with three periods appear:

box.JPG

If you click on the [...] button, the editor we have been talking about will appear.  This is where you change precision of the field on the right.

box2.JPG

Stacy Dunn
Message 28 of 30
stacy.dunn

It may be easier for you to look at all of the settings for each style on the Summary Tab.  You can then expand each piece of the label (component 1, component 2, etc.) and edit the text height, contents.  to change the font, go down to the Label section and choose a text style.

overall.JPG

Stacy Dunn
Message 29 of 30
ajdolby

What I dont understand though, is how one would get those changes to take effect. Its pretty easy to go through those lists and change variables, but my labels always look the same. It does not matter whats in the preview window.

Message 30 of 30
Jeff_M

Post your drawing and note which labelstyle you want changed.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report