Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Styles Description Only not Displaying

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Dmo0430
468 Views, 3 Replies

Point Styles Description Only not Displaying

So I've been working on setting up a drawing template for our variety of projects. Since it is a work in progress I have it saved as a dwg not a dwt just because it seems simpler to do a save as when I want a new drawing rather than saving over a dwt for every edit. For my latest project I had to grab some old survey data (txt format PNEZD) and import it into the drawing. The point groups that are in my "template" recognize which points belong to which group. The problem I'm having is that the default description only style will not show anything. Description & Elevation will only show elevation and so on with every style. The attached image shows the _All Points group (which is at the top of the point groups) as an example. All layers are on & thawed. I've done a regen and updated all point groups. I'm not sure why this would happen to this one part of the style. 

Thanks

Daniel

Windows 7 64 bit SP 1
Civil 3D 2013 SP 2
Intel i5 Processor 4 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: Dmo0430

What are the point full description formats set to? Btw, this forum is mostly for programming civil3d, for these types of questions you should post in the main cod forum. And welcome to the forums!
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
Dmo0430
in reply to: Jeff_M

My mistake I must have mis-clicked when I went to post. Is there a way I can move it? I'm not sure I understand. The full description is raw there is no desckey applied. 

I just figured it out. One of the surveys that I imported had P,N,E,Z,,D (two commas between the elevation and description) so no description would show because it was a blank value. 

Windows 7 64 bit SP 1
Civil 3D 2013 SP 2
Intel i5 Processor 4 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Message 4 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: Dmo0430

Glad you got it sorted out!
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report