Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point List Report by Point Number

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dwcouch123
458 Views, 6 Replies

Point List Report by Point Number

I thought I had solved this long ago.  I am in C3D 2009.  I am not sure how my Reprts - Point List is being sorted.  It looks like by code, but not necessarily that.  I want the list to sort by Point Number.  I have looked at the XSL/XML file, but haven't seen where to do this.  Can someone help??

Couchpotato

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: dwcouch123

I'm pretty sure the LandXML point export does so in the order in which the points were created, so if you add point 100 after point 200, it will be displayed in the report after 200 as well. I know no way of changing this, since the XLS style sheets read the XML file line by line. Possibly work around this by Editing the desired points, then in the Panorama set the columns you want in the report, sort by point number, select all, right-click, copy to clipboard. Open Notepad, Wordpad, whatever.....paste, edit to include a Title, column headings, etc.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
dwcouch123
in reply to: Jeff_M

I was afraid there was something like that.  I may resort to just exporting a CSV file and printing that.  Not formatted pretty, but points are sorted.  Thanks, Jeff for looking at this.  I may look at a way to create the list by selection somehow and format the printout.

Couchpotato

Message 4 of 7

Adding the sort after the for-each appears to get the list to sort. It looks like the report gives the expected results if the name field isn't filled in, but if the name field is filled in it appears the report then puts things out of order. This appears to fix it.

<xsl:for-each select="//lx:CgPoint[not(@pntRef)]">
<xsl:sort select="@name"/>

Christopher

Message 5 of 7

Thanks, Christopher, almost there.  The sort is Text oriented.  i.e. Point numbers in this order.

Etc. 

Can we convert the sort to a numerical order??

Dave 

Message 6 of 7

It's always something. This should work. It tells the sort to use number, the default was text. Unsure what happens if the name has both numbers and text.

<xsl:sort select="@name"
data-type="number"/>

Message 7 of 7

Christopher, PERFECT.  Thank you.  Taht will make my surveyor much happier.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report