Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Clouds - creating isd files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
matejt
1532 Views, 3 Replies

Point Clouds - creating isd files

Hi,

I would like to convert many xyz files, representing point clouds, to the isd files. I have found some dll's dealing with point clouds' objects (see bellow), however I could not find any supporting documentation.

Could you perhaps help me with some sample code in VB.NET or direct me to some useful resources?

Thanks,

These dll's are, in my opinion, related to Point Clouds:

AcDbPointCloudDbxRes.dll
AcDbPointCloudRes.dll
AcMapPointCloudRes.dll
AcRevCloudRes.dll
AeccPointCloudEnu.dll
AeccUiMgrPointCloudEnu.dll
AeccUiPointCloudEnu.dll
Autodesk.Map.PointCloud.UI.dll
ManagedMapPointCloud.dll

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
matejt
in reply to: matejt

Does anyone have any experience working with Point Clouds in .NET?

Message 3 of 4
wang890

oh now it's almost 2013 and i need to find out this too.

i need to make a program to get the selected boxes and then densify the surface from point cloud.

i am a seasoned programmer but then i haven't tried the above mentioned dll yet and not sure if this is doable. it's actually pretty important.

because right now i have many  those areas needs to densify. for over 300km of lidar surfaces. need to have at least 5m apart points but now i have about 5 billion points already in point cloud (seperate database)

each click takes at least 5-10 minutes to add 1 million points, i have 4 segments of the surfaces in 4 files maybe 100 boundaries to add extra points to. but stupid software only let user pick one at a time. this is pretty important. job is in jeaperdy right now.

Mr Jeff Mishler are you around? help me out on this one.

this is the hardest task i have to do to date.

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19
Message 4 of 4
Partha.Sarkar

Hi matejt,

Point Cloud API is exposed only through ObjectARX (C++) and it's part of AutoCAD API. Vertical application like Civil 3D and Map 3D has Point CLoud UI features / tools and capable of performing additional task compared to AutoCAD Point cloud tool, but there is no API exposed for the same. There was a sample in ADN website on AutoCAD Point cloud API using ARX and by Googling you might see some relevant blog post on the same subject.

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report