Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning and Analysis workspace

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
10220 Views, 6 Replies

Planning and Analysis workspace

I am a Student at Utah State. I have access to the educational version of Autocad Civil 3D 2014. I am familiar with the program, but unfortunatley I can't access the Planning and Analysis Workspace in the workspace pulldown menu. Infact I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know how I can download it? Or even customize my own tab so that I have a similar layout to the planning and analysis workspace. Help me please!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi ,

I never used Educational version, hence I can't confirm or comment on this. However, I doubt if this is due to a faulty installation ?

Can you type WORKSPACE at the command line and then type ? to check the available workspaces in your Civil 3D installation ?

Here is what I see in my installation of Civil 3D 2014 -

Command: WORKSPACE

Enter workspace option [setCurrent/SAveas/Edit/Rename/Delete/SEttings/?] <setCurrent>: ?

Workspace Name

--------------

3D Modeling

Civil 3D

Drafting & Annotation

Planning and Analysis

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I also just had CIvil3d 2014 installed by our IT group and I do not see the Planning and Analysis workspace.  I am going to have our IT group reinstall while I am present to see if it was an option that didn't come along as a default.

Message 4 of 7
Jeff_M

Make sure you start Civil3D from the correct shortcut. If you happen to click the "Civil3d 2014 as AutoCAD" shortcut you will not see that workspace.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff that worked. I used the Civil3d Imperial and all is good again.
Once again Autodesk causes more issues then solving some. Last upgrade they changed the name of the workspace to Planning and Analysis. Most users were used to Map becasue Civil is built ontop of Map.
Message 6 of 7
arkn9C6RG

I had the Planning and Analysis menu, but after resetting my user profile (Options->Profile->reset) I lost it, and now when I type WORKSPACE and ?, I get only 3 available:

3D Basics
3D Modeling
Drafting & Annotation

I could not remove a feature available in my software, could I?

Message 7 of 7
arkn9C6RG
in reply to: arkn9C6RG

Go to options->files->customization files->main customization file. Select the adress shown there and click "Browse". Then find C3D.cuix, open, and click OK.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report