Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network UDP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Civil3DReminders_com
285 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe Network UDP

Is it possible to get all of the available UDP's available in a drawing? I know how to go through all of the part fields to get the data, but if the part was created before the UDPs where added to the AeccPartParamCfg.xml file, or not assigned a value, they won't be in the list. 

I'd rather not have to parse the AeccPartParamCfg.xml to find what values are available. 

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Not sure about all properties, but some are avaialble, such as http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/2013/04/civil-3d-net-api-cogo-point-how-to-read-a-user-...

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 4

Augusto the COGO Point UDP and the Pipe UDP's are programmed differently. The COGO Point UDP values are stored within the drawing and have a user interface that allows the for the user to change the values. Since this is the case the COGO Point's API allows us to grab the data and view it. 

The Pipe UDP values are stored wihin an XML file outside of the drawing. There is no user interface for the user to set UDP pipe values, hence there is not API to access them. The way the code behaves is that the user goes into a pipe properties dialog box they see all of the available UDP values, pulled from the XML file. If the UDP values are not assigned a value then they are not stored within the Part Data Records, once the user sets a value the Part Data Record is then added to the pipe. Since the UDP values are not added to the Parts Record Data I can't get the list of available pipe UDP values. Since my command is generic I don't force the user to use a particular UDP name. 

It would be nice to have an API call to encapsulate the available Pipe (and structure) UDP values along with the applicable properties. 

Here is the class I created (and would like to see implemented), although I'd probably change the Boolean values starting with Is to an enum.

Public Class PipeNetworkUDP
    Property Name As String
    Property Desc As String
    Property Context As String
    Property Index As String
    Property DataType As String
    Property Usage As String
    Property Unit As String
    Property Visible As Boolean
    Property Internal As Boolean
    Property IsPipeUDP As Boolean
    Property IsStructureUDP As Boolean
    Property IsJunctionStructure As Boolean
    Property IsInletOutletStructure As Boolean
    Property SortGroupName As String

Public Overrides Function ToString() As String
        Return Desc
    End Function
End Class

Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, I'll pass the information. Sorry the feature you need is not there yet...

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report