Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network - Problem using "Draw parts in Profile"

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
751 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe Network - Problem using "Draw parts in Profile"

Pipe Network Profile

Every time I use the command "Draw parts in Profile"  I get the error menus as seen on the enclosed attachment s  01 & 02.

However after I "X" out the error menus my profile does appear.

Then when I exit the drawing I get a menu asking if I want to save my changes to the VBA project , see attachment   03.

I am not sure what this is asking so I pick NO.

If someone could tell me what I am doing wrong to keep getting these errors & what they mean, I

would be very grateful. 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like you still have the pipes using the old vba rules. When you open a dwg are you prompted to convert to .NET? If so respond with yes.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Jeff

Thank you for your reply.  I checked and I do have the latest vba "AutoCad 2013 VBA Enabler".

Also I have not been prompted to convert to .NET

It seems everything works up to the point where I pick my profile using the command "Draw parts in profile", then I get the three errors below >>>>

Also by just right picking a pipe and selecting "Pipe Properties" and toggle from one Rule Set to another I get the same three errors.

When I use C3D 2010 on this same drawing everything worksjust fine.  I just do not get this.

1.  Compiler error. Can't find project or library

2. Unable to run macro: C3DPipeRules.dvb!MaximumPipe Size. MaximumPipe Size_ValidateRule

3.  And finally we I close the drawing I am prompt  [Do you want to save changes to the VBA project,

C3DPipeRules dvd ?] & I just say No

I am not sure what the VBA does , or if I really need it.  Should I uninstall it ?

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

The problem is that the VBA code has not been updated for use with 2013. The VBA enabler has been known to slow down 64 bit systems so I have never even installed it. Unless you have your own custom pipe/structure rules or subassemblies for corridors, I would suggest uninstalling the VBA enabler. Try running the command CONVERTVBARULESTODOTNET to convert the drawing to .NET. I think that will solve this problem for you.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Jeff

This solves my problem, thank you very much for all your help

Steve Swanson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report