Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts Lists Catalogs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mickeyc
460 Views, 2 Replies

Parts Lists Catalogs

Does anyone know where I can get additional parts for pipe networks parts lists?  The structures and pipes that come with Civil3d are not really easy to deal with.  Ideally I would like rectangular and cylindrical shaped structures with little or no wall thickness and no grate thickness, and pipes with little wall thicknesses. When we put together networks for existing conditions with all the restrictions and constraints built into the Civil3d parts it makes it next to impossible to put in a super shallow CB. I would also like parts that would allow me to show large vaults etc. We only need the parts to show up correctly in plan and profile we don't use any of the other fancy features.  Any suggestions?  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hrmm i think i'm doing something similar to what your describing for my company. Look into the Partbuilder, what i have done is copy the "junction Structures without Frames" chapter and modified to have the sizes we want and thicknesses. A note about pipes, use a really small thickness (.0001 or similar) otherwise C3D calcs cover incorrectly (at least 2011 does). What we ended up with is simple shapes (boxes and cylinders) representing the extents of the structures for plan and profile.

Message 3 of 3
bcmonsen
in reply to: mickeyc

I found it this place for parts, it had everything I needed. they were great to deal with as well. 

http://c3d-pressuresystem.blogspot.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report