Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part builder Table data in Structures

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
MikeEvansUK
411 Views, 0 Replies

Part builder Table data in Structures

I'm not sure if anyone can help with this, in fact this may still be an ongoing defect dating from 2009 See: List vs Table data.

I have created custom structures for Rainwater harvesting & Petrol interceptors which contain all the relevant information for the sizes which are detailed in all relevant xml files.

I added three new contexts, InterceptorInnerLength:InterceptorInnerDia & InterceptorDepthToInvert.
These contexts control the size of the tank and depth to the incomming pipework from the top of the tank.

When I insert the structure into the part catalogue It generates the whole range of parts as defigned by part size name however the length/width & heights are all fixed as the first entry. You then have to edit the parts and change the values manually before use, after which it works correctly.

I have tried setting these up as being Tables and Lists but both seem to create the same information in the parts list set either way.

If anyone can shed any light on this I would be greatful as we are being pushed to produce more drainage in BIM format for our clients and as such I am having to create more custom parts to fill in the gaps.

Mike

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report