Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Builder help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
genecoronado2735
745 Views, 3 Replies

Part Builder help

My first attempt at part builder and running across an issue. All parameters appear to be correct in part builder, but when I import the part, the width of the inlet is corret, but the length shoots out to 92 feet instead of 92 inches.  I've reviews the xml and can not find the error of my ways.  any help would be appreciated. I am attaching the xml and an image.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
EECylwik
in reply to: genecoronado2735

Not really a solution, but a workaround -- Have you tried changing the units to feet and putting 7.6667?

Message 3 of 4

I'm having the same exact problem. Have you found how to fix that without entering feet instead of inches on some dimensions?

BV
Message 4 of 4
lb5107
in reply to: genecoronado2735

I am having this issue too. Please someone help!

I created a new Part Family by "saving as" an existing one. The only thing that I changed on the new part family were the Size Parameters to match the specific pipe spec I am using. Now when I start a new pipe it is 12' O.D. rather than 12" O.D. I have compared between the existing ones that work right and the new ones that I have created everyting that I can think of and see no differences?! When you select the pipe and check the properties it even reads 12". HELP!

~LJS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report