Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Reports to show "reverse curve"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rick.hberg
859 Views, 3 Replies

Parcel Reports to show "reverse curve"

Hi all, couple issues with the Parcel Reports in Toolbox....I appreciate any help with this. -(edit: this is using Civil 3D 2011 on Windows 7 x64)-

I have edited the "GeneralLegalPhrasings.xml" file used for the parcel report "General_Legal_Description_for_Parcels".

Two issues:  1. it will not label a reverse curve properly....it shows them all as "compound curves". 2.  A curve to curve is always shown as "NonTangent".

I've attached the .xml file (I only edited the imperial parcels - the second large group of <Metes>).

Quite simply, these two "types" below have the words "reverse curve" and tangent or non-tangent accordingly in the output phrase, but it only creates non-tangent compound reports.

Curve to TangentReverseCurve

Curve to NonTangentReverseCurve

I appreciate any and all help/ideas.  Thanks.

This is the report from the parcel in the attached dwg file (notice the "curve to the left" -> "curve to the right" labelled as compound, and all non-tangent curve to curve):

---------

From the POINT OF BEGINNING; Thence, North 90° 00' 00" West, 129.16 feet to a point for corner;

Thence, North 00° 00' 00" East, 100.00 feet to a point for corner, the beginning of a curve; tangent

Thence, 61.46 feet along the arc of a ____ curve to the right, having a radius of 39.13 feet, a central angle of 90° 00' 00", and a chord which bears North 45° 00' 00" East, 55.34 feet, to a point for corner, the beginning of a compound curve; non-tangent

Thence, 47.09 feet along the arc of a ____ curve to the left, having a radius of 29.98 feet, a central angle of 90° 00' 00", and a chord which bears North 45° 00' 00" East, 42.40 feet, to a point for corner, the beginning of a compound curve; non-tangent

Thence, 94.33 feet along the arc of a ____ curve to the right, having a radius of 30.03 feet, a central angle of 180° 00' 00", and a chord which bears North 90° 00' 00" East, 60.05 feet, to a point for corner;

Thence South 00° 00' 00" West, 169.11 feet to the POINT OF BEGINNING

and containing 0.483 acres of land.

---------

Civil 3D 2014
Windows 7 x64
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rick.hberg
in reply to: rick.hberg

actually, even with the default installed "GeneralLegalPhrasings.xml" in use, all curve to curve segments are only recognized as non-tangent compound curves.

This is the report of the same parcel using the default installed .xml file (the underlined is what identifies the issue - this callout is only available with a "Curve to NonTangentCompoundCurve"):

----------

DESCRIPTION OF Standard : 1

From the POINT OF BEGINNING; Thence, North 90° 00' 00" West for a distance of 129.16 feet to a point on a line.

Thence, North 00° 00' 00" East for a distance of 100.00 feet to the beginning of a curve,

Said curve turning to the right through 90° 00' 00", having a radius of 39.13 feet, and whose long chord bears North 45° 00' 00" East for a distance of 55.34 feet to the beginning of a non-tangential curve.

Said curve turning to the left through 90° 00' 00", having a radius of 29.98 feet, and whose long chord bears North 45° 00' 00" East for a distance of 42.40 feet to the beginning of a non-tangential curve.

Said curve turning to the right through an angle of 180° 00' 00", having a radius of 30.03 feet, and whose long chord bears North 90° 00' 00" East for a distance of 60.05 feet.

thence South 00° 00' 00" West a distance of 169.11 feet to the POINT OF BEGINNING;

and containing 0.483 acres of land.

-------------

Still appreciate any help, or any ideas where the root problem coding is.  Thanks again.

Civil 3D 2014
Windows 7 x64
Message 3 of 4
rick.hberg

ok, I've found where the function calculations are being done to check for tangency...."LegalDescription_Layout.xsl"

(do a search for reversecurve, should find it quickly) (all of this by the way is in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2011\enu\Data\Reports\xsl).

I am not at all familiar with xml so while I try to find the errors with the code, I would still greatly appreciate any help....sorry for so many posts to read through, but I'll be sure to post a solution too if I get to one....

Civil 3D 2014
Windows 7 x64
Message 4 of 4
rick.hberg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report