Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palettes won't stay put

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jlawrence
706 Views, 8 Replies

Palettes won't stay put

I have my tool palettes on a second monitor, lined up exactly how I like to use them. In previous versions they stay put, but with 2012 they're in a different position every time I start up Civil 3D. Is there a setting somewhere I'm forgetting about that will lock these in place?

Thanks!  🙂

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Once you have them where you want, save the workspace.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 9
jlawrence
in reply to: jlawrence

Yes, that's what's so strange. I do save the workspace (and I've done so numerous times!) but there's still at least two which will not "stick." What up?!

Message 4 of 9
lee_maverick

I have the smae problem and sometimes they go off the edge of the screen. Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 9
jandrewsen

did you right click and tell it to lock its location?

Message 6 of 9
jlawrence
in reply to: jandrewsen

Yup, did all that. Seems like maybe a weird bug or something?? Thanks anyway!  🙂

Message 7 of 9
wfberry

I use my primary monitor for these and they stay in place.  I do not use the primary monitor for my drawings.

Bill

Message 8 of 9
jlawrence

I actually have the same setup where my palettes are on the primary monitor and the drawing on the second, but still the same problem. ...Virgo anxiously awaiting a bug fix!!

Message 9 of 9
GTVic

If your primary monitor is not your AutoCAD monitor then you will have some issues like this such as AutoCAD not remembering the size or position of dialogs.

You may also have issues if you have dual monitors on a laptop used on your desktop and the laptop is used on the road and you cannot see dialogs that were located on a monitor that is now gone.

Also if your primary monitor is the right-hand monitor then you can have other issues. We have one Autodesk product that won't display certain menus in this case. I believe it is because the left hand monitor would use negative coordinates for the x-axis and Autodesk may have used unsigned integers in their code.

I find this frustrating because it is very easy to fix and and I don't understand why Autodesk wouldn't take the time to make sure that, for example, their file open dialog works properly and remembers size, position, column widths/on/off (in details mode). These dialogs are used so often by all of their customers that you would think this basic functionality would get some attention. End of Rant.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report