Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Open the window "properties alignment" with code?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
joantopo
356 Views, 4 Replies

Open the window "properties alignment" with code?

Hi.

I have a datagridview with the list of all alignments in the drawing.

If I put a button and press it, can be posible open the window "properties alignment" about the selected alignment in the datagrid?.

And can open directly the tab page "Design Criteria"?

I would like change some values directly from the window of Civil 3D in this case. I donĀ“t want re-write the database(db) with code.

Thank you.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Unfortunately this is not available on the API: you cannot invoke this built-in Civil 3D dialog.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 5
joantopo
in reply to: joantopo

ok. Thank you Gustavo for reply.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
Message 4 of 5
rubenarias
in reply to: joantopo

Hi there,

It is not difficult using the SendCommand method, and imaging you are a standard user of Civil 3D.

As a standard user you click on an alignment, and then you select Alignment Properties, but ... Have you ever seen the command line after do this?. If you have a look, you'll find a special order: EditAlignmentProperties.

Try to write down on the command line this order: EditAlignmentProperties (without selecting any alignment previously) and then, press "Enter".

Civil 3D will ask you to select an alignment, and then you'll see the Alignment Properties.

Look at this routine in VBA:

Sub Test_Show_Alignment_Properties()
'This routine asks for click on an alignment,

'then it shows its Alignment Properties  
   ThisDrawing.SendCommand "EditAlignmentProperties" & vbCrLf

End Sub

vbCrLf is necessary for simulating that the user press "Enter".

There are a lot of things you can do using the command line through SendCommand method. The only thing you need to do is checking the command line after using your favourite tasks. Simple.

Hope this can help you, and I apologize for my English (it's not my mother tongue)

RubƩn Arias FernƔndez
PhD. Civil Engineer
Message 5 of 5

Thanks rubenarias, you are right regarding a full command, but just to make clear, we can invoke built-in commands, like you mentioned, but not use a native built-in dialog/control like requested at the original question.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Ā 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Ā