Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset Alignment Routine

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
b-man
799 Views, 1 Reply

Offset Alignment Routine

We have been playing with offset alignments, and the tool appears very useful, especially in regards to laying out subdivision streets with curb, sidewalks, row, etc. In order to shortcut the process, I am hoping to develop a routine that will gather offset data for each type of offset, and then apply the appropriate styles, label sets, naming convention, etc.

We started going down the path of using Lisp or a recorded macro, but it quickly became obvious (through trial and error and some quick "googling") that another approach may be more suitable. I have attached a screenshot of an example of what we would like to automate.

Any help getting started or push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew Martin, P.E., CFM
ESP Associates
Slave to the AutoCAD Civil 3D Machine
Civil 3D 2020
Win 7 Pro SP 1, 64-bit on HP Elitebook 8770w (8GB Ram)

"The only thing worse than training your employees and having them leave is not training them and having them stay" - Henry Ford (a fairly successful businessman)
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: b-man

Hi Andrew,

I won't suggest to use LISP, instead use Civil 3D .NET API.

You can see a code snippet in the following link in our IM DevBlog -

Creating Offset Alignments using Civil 3D .NET API

Does it help ?

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar

Autodesk

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report