Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NETLOAD VM to VM

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
daryl
692 Views, 5 Replies

NETLOAD VM to VM

I am rebuilding my app for Civil 2014 in VS 2010, and both testing and dev machines are VMWare running Win 7 and Win 8 on one host machine. I am having problems running the copied the dll over to perform the intergration tests (From VM to VM). I have not had this issue before. The machine in question is running Win 8.1. Help suggests modifying the framwork config file like 

<loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/>. 

Here is the error after the netload command.

ApplicationPlugins\Fort-AECSignature2014.bundle\Contents\Windows\AECSignature2014x64.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.ExtensionLoader.Load(String fileName)
at loadmgd()

Geospatial Application Development
Banks and Banks Consulting
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: daryl

Can you load the same DLL in Win 8 (not 8.1) ?

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 6
daryl
in reply to: Partha.Sarkar

I am currently using a VM (Win 7 x64) and VM (Win8). I have not been successful in the Win 8 Enterprise Edition. I was trying to upgrade to 8.1, but before I could upgrade, there were program issues. VS 2010 (x64) Civil 2014. The DLL actually works in Windows 7 x64 with Civil 2014. That is why I was looking for a VM type of issue when copying from VM to VM. The error was stating it was "sandboxed the dll".

Message 4 of 6
Partha.Sarkar

Win 8.1 could be an issue here. Civil 3D 2014 is not tested on Win 8.1

Please see the supported OS for Civil 3D 2014 -

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15444804&linkID=9240697

Thanks,

Partha

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 6
michael.robertson

Is the dll on a server or local? If on a server, you may need to set the .NET zone security as follows: (use admin command window) C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\CasPol.exe -machine -chggroup LocalIntranet_Zone FullTrust

Note: there are different .NET security settings for 32 & 64 packages, since you are running C3D 2014 I would think you only need to deal with the 64bit settings.

If local, I have also seen where if a dll is copied from and untrusted server you need to "unblock" the dll, copy the dll to the target machine, then right click the file and goto properies. There may be a "Unblock" button on one of the tabs.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 6 of 6
daryl

Mike solved the issue. To recap the issue, the installed software was installed on one physical box (desktop not server):

Virtual Machine 1

Civil 2014

VMWare Workstation 10

Win (8.0) Enterprise

Virtual Machine 2

Civil 2014

VMWare Player

Win (7) Pro

Implementing the command line provided and a quick reboot solved the problem. I was copying and pasting from VM to VM when the issue happened.

Thank You!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report