Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some guidance

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
schroeder.a
224 Views, 1 Reply

Need some guidance

Hello Everyone,

I need some guidance on developing a tool to run within Civil3D that will allow me calculate MFE's for each lot - it will need to interact with the pipes somehow (Likely something like "Select pipe segment to use", it will need to perhaps reference a marker on the lot that represents the middle of the lot (centroid in a polygon topology?)

Basically, I'm at the very highest level of planning right now - with only limited expereince with Python and lisp.  

1. DO I do this in Civil3D?  How?  What language?  VBA? C#?  How do I learn those?
  2. Could I do the processing using LandXML somehow?  Since pipes and parcels are alreay in there?

Our existing process with manually keying info in spreasheets, etc, is proving too time consuming, and this whole process could use some automation.  Could I get it to give me Service elevations and depths at the property line?

Anyhow - as you can tell, I know only enough to know that I know nothing about how to do this.

Thank you in advance for any direction/guidance you can offer!

Steve

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: schroeder.a

Hi Steve,

Without understanding "MFE" ( which w'd have helped me to give more precise answer), if you want to develop an aplication on Civil 3D, I would suggest you to take a look at the following links for more resources which should help you in taking a better decision on development tool / Platform etc.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=8007696

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report