Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making pnezd point format the default

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lgraham
961 Views, 4 Replies

making pnezd point format the default

when i import points is there a way to always make the point format default to PNEZD?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: lgraham

Hi,

How do you import the Points ? Using Civil 3D UI tools ? or using API ?

Thanks,

Message 3 of 5
lgraham
in reply to: Anonymous

not sure what API is
just go to the points toolbar and click on import points - (just want to import a text tile)
thank you
Lynn
ps - it is civil 3d 2013 - but fixing to upgrade to 2014
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Lynn,

API is 'Application Programming Interface'.

This forum is praticularly used to discuss / solve Civil 3D application programming / customization related issues.

I wanted to confirm if you are using programming approach to set this default. I don't think there is any such settings available in Civil 3D UI (user Interface) to enable such default setting. However I would suggest you to check this in Civil 3D user group to see if there is any way.

Thanks,

Partha

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hello,

Were you able to figure out how to do this? I am having the same issue. The only option I have found is to alter your default drawing. I have a blank drawing that I begin every project from that has all of my settings saved into the drawing. While in that drawing, I went to the import points menu, go down to the formatting section and click the modify button to the right. When you have the points file formats dialogue open, select each one of the formats and delete them. Autodesk Uploadable File cannot be deleted. Select that one and click modify to the right. You can change the name or leave it the same, your call there. on the default file extension, change it from .auf to .txt. make sure you are in delimited by comma (i assume you are using the same format options as I am). be sure your ordering on the bottom is as follows: point number | northing | easting | point elevation | raw description. Select ok then close out of the other dialogues and select save. From there out you will have that as your default setting. This doesnt fix the issue for previously designed drawings though. I hope this helps and if you have figured out the actual way to do this, PLEASE fill me in because this has been torture for me trying to fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report