Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making CAB files for a Content Kit (State Kit)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RodgerJohnson
373 Views, 3 Replies

Making CAB files for a Content Kit (State Kit)

Does anybody have the recipe for creating the CAB files used in a Content Kit (State Kit)?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Daniel.Du
in reply to: RodgerJohnson

Sorry but would you please elaberate on your question to help me understand how it is related to Civil 3D API? 

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
RodgerJohnson
in reply to: Daniel.Du

Thank you for replying to my question.

I don't think the question does apply to the API... I posted it in the "AUTOCAD CIVIL 3D CUSTOMIZATION" forum, is there another board to post questions about "Customizing" a deployment or the installation process?

The following article on AUGI discusses Content Kits, but leaves out how to create the CAB files for the Content Kit.

http://www.augi.com/library/viva-la-revolution-start-your-own-country-with-content-pack-creation

I can create CAB files from scratch using the windows command MAKECAB, but the CAB files created using that command do not work with the deployment.  Opening up a CAB file from an official Autodesk Content Kit revials that the files in the CAB have had their names replaced with GUIDs and that their is an index file that maps the GUIDs to file names.  I have tried making CAB files that resemble the official ones but have had no success getting the deployment to extract the files.

(I know the issue is not the deployment or the xml files associated with the content kit since I can extract any official cab with the kits that I have created, I am just unable to extract CABs that I create.) 

So the question is, what are the specifications for the cab files that are used by a Content Kit in a deployment?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
Daniel.Du
in reply to: RodgerJohnson

Hi Roger,

Thank you for the clarifiation. This board mainly focuses on API customization. For you question, I will ask coordinator to move this thread to general board, where you may get more responses. 

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report