Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LandXML crash

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
553 Views, 3 Replies

LandXML crash

I have for some years now, included the Land Xml API into a Civil 3D plug-in project to be able to do some Land Xml exporting of my own. However, after having installed C3D 2014, the calls into this API consistently crash my (C3D) 2014 plug-in (and of course C3D with it), although the code have remained the same since 2009. In addition, my C3D 2013 plug-in crash on the same spots, as do C3D 2013 it self on ordinary Land Xml import (though with my plug-in loaded).

I have found out that if I rename the LandXMLSDK1.2.dll found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\, then C3D (both 2013 and 2014) loads the LandXMLSDK1.2.dll found in the installation folder instead (e.g. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 or C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\). The difference in size of these two dlls are almost 1.5 MB. When the version found in the installation folder is loaded, then everything works well in both 2013 and 2014...

Should I instruct my plug-in to rename the dll found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Apparently, C3D loads the dll found in the installation folder (and everything is eOk) if I specify in the project's properties the dll to be delay loaded...?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Rasmus,

I don't see any LandXMLSDK1.2.dll at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared folder in my machine.

Did you copy / put it there through your custom application installation ?

Did you check this in a clean machine without your plug-in installed ? I am curious to know what others see in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared folder.

Thanks,

Partha

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

After having installed on a clean machine, every 2013 and 2014 application preinstalled on my machine, both Autodesk and our own, one at a time, it turns out that one of our AutoCAD 2014 plug-ins installs an older version of the dll into the Autodesk Shared folder, and this is the one loaded by C3D without the /DELAYLOAD switch. Sorry for bothering you with this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report