Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java and AutoCAD and Civil 3D

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sacprasanna
1693 Views, 3 Replies

Java and AutoCAD and Civil 3D

Hi all,

I am new to programming to AutoCAD and I want to know Is there any facility to java programming to develoip new tool in autoCAD or civil 3D.

Chamara Prasanna
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 SP 1
Sri Lanka
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

as J# (>>>click<<<) is based on Framework, and development based on Framework is valid to create tools/applications for AutoCAD (and Civil) so J# should also work.

I never tried it, that's the reason why I wrote "should work" 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

Hallo alfred

Further pease explain advanteges and disadvanteges of using F# unless using C# and VB

Chamara Prasanna
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 SP 1
Sri Lanka
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

>> Further pease explain advanteges and disadvanteges of using F# unless using C# and VB

I can't. All Framework-based programming languages do have the same output (in principal). What you can do to develop applications for AutoCAD can be done with any of these languages.

Well each language has it's own advantages or disadvantages and if you ask someone using C# for years now may answer C# is better than VB.NET, if you read a book about VB.NET you may read the opposite opinion.

For me the conclusion for Framework-based development is: use the language you like/you know best.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report