Distinguished Contributor
sacprasanna
Message 1 of 4 (707 Views)
Accepted Solution

Java and AutoCAD and Civil 3D

707 Views, 3 Replies
10-11-2012 11:01 PM

Hi all,

I am new to programming to AutoCAD and I want to know Is there any facility to java programming to develoip new tool in autoCAD or civil 3D.

Chamara Prasanna
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 SP 1
Sri Lanka

Hi,

as J# (>>>click<<<) is based on Framework, and development based on Framework is valid to create tools/applications for AutoCAD (and Civil) so J# should also work.

I never tried it, that's the reason why I wrote "should work" :smileywink:

- alfred -

Hallo alfred

Further pease explain advanteges and disadvanteges of using F# unless using C# and VB

Hi,

>> Further pease explain advanteges and disadvanteges of using F# unless using C# and VB

I can't. All Framework-based programming languages do have the same output (in principal). What you can do to develop applications for AutoCAD can be done with any of these languages.

Well each language has it's own advantages or disadvantages and if you ask someone using C# for years now may answer C# is better than VB.NET, if you read a book about VB.NET you may read the opposite opinion.

For me the conclusion for Framework-based development is: use the language you like/you know best.

- alfred -

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (704 Views)

Re: Java and AutoCAD and Civil 3D

10-11-2012 11:49 PM in reply to: sacprasanna

Hi,

as J# (>>>click<<<) is based on Framework, and development based on Framework is valid to create tools/applications for AutoCAD (and Civil) so J# should also work.

I never tried it, that's the reason why I wrote "should work" :smileywink:

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Distinguished Contributor
sacprasanna
Message 3 of 4 (700 Views)

10-12-2012 02:09 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hallo alfred

Further pease explain advanteges and disadvanteges of using F# unless using C# and VB

Chamara Prasanna
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 SP 1
Sri Lanka
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 4 (697 Views)

10-12-2012 02:30 AM in reply to: sacprasanna

Hi,

>> Further pease explain advanteges and disadvanteges of using F# unless using C# and VB

I can't. All Framework-based programming languages do have the same output (in principal). What you can do to develop applications for AutoCAD can be done with any of these languages.

Well each language has it's own advantages or disadvantages and if you ask someone using C# for years now may answer C# is better than VB.NET, if you read a book about VB.NET you may read the opposite opinion.

For me the conclusion for Framework-based development is: use the language you like/you know best.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.