Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iterate an assembly over in increments based on whether one side catches OG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tcorey
279 Views, 2 Replies

Iterate an assembly over in increments based on whether one side catches OG

Hello all,

Here's the situation in our levee design:

On the left side of the existing levee is a hinge line. That needs to be the limits of the grading (daylight left, if you will) on that side when we build the new levee.

The design and control for the new levee embankment is going to be a point that follows roughly parallel to the existing right side hinge.

We want to be able to start at the point on the right and then run a course of links until we get to the daylight on the left.

Easy enough, except that many times on the left side, because of an irregular existing hinge line, we won't catch.

When we don't catch, we want to move the entire design right one foot, follow the same course as before and check for catch again.

If it doesn't catch, move over another one foot and try it again, and again, and again as needed. Phew.

I've already proven to myself that I can brute-force this thing in there using decisions and sequences, but I'll be building decisions and sequences for a long time and my subassembly is going to be artistically ugly.

There has to be a more elegant way. If you have one, please let me know.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: tcorey

Hi Tim,

You posted this question on the Customization forum, focused on API development. Is that the case here?

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: augusto.goncalves

I also posted in Civil 3D general after I realized I had posted to customization. You can ignore this thread. Thanks!

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report