Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with User created HTML Help file for sub-assembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
john.mueller7KMWN
324 Views, 3 Replies

Issues with User created HTML Help file for sub-assembly

Hello,

I created an HTML Help for my custom Sub-assembly. The page looks fine except, of the 5 images I source, only the first one is viewable through the "Sub-Assembly Help" button (bottom right corner of the sub assembly parameters page). The rest are shown as broken links. The Problem is that it works fine in the "HTML Help Workshop" page preview. I can click on it and open it in Chrome and IE and it looks fine. I am just wondering if there is some code I am supposed to add to the file to make it work in the CAD Help Interface or?? I am not an HTML expert so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Jack Mueller

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Does forcing a refresh in the help viewer (F5 or Options > Refresh) display the missing images? I had problems on another machine where images would not display unless the page was refreshed. I never did find a solution to that annoyance and ended up using another CHM viewer to verify that I was actually creating the CHM files properly.

If the images still don't load after a refresh you might have to post the html file being used to verify nothing is wrong with the markup.

Message 3 of 4

I turns out I was linking to the wrong file. I was having compiling issues, so I thought I could just set the sub-assembly help file directory to the .html file and be done with it. This was the first help file I created, so I didn't know any better. After reading your post, I realized that I probably need to link to the .chm file. So I went ahead and looked up how to fix the compiling errors(had to do with leaving the contents page blank). Once I did that, it worked.

Thanks, Jack

Message 4 of 4

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-ideas/fix-help-files-for-subassemblies-created-by-sac...

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report