Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IntersectWith and Curved Pipe

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Civil3DReminders
436 Views, 2 Replies

IntersectWith and Curved Pipe

I'm using the IntersectWith method with two pipes. The IntersectWith method doesn't appear to work with curved pipes if the pipes do not cross. If they don't cross the method works, but if they don't then it doesn't find the intersect points properly. This appears to be an issue with Civil 3D 2010 to 2012 API.

http://screencast.com/t/t7mgTryqH

In the screencast image the pipe on the right finds the intersection point with the straight pipe on the left, but not the curved pipe that is in the middle. Can someone with Autodesk please fill out an error report for this? I've had poor results trying to put in support requests for API related issues.

For Civil 3D 2010 here's the code that isn't working:

oPoints = new Point3dCollection();
Pipe oLateral = (Pipe)lateralObjId.GetObject(OpenMode.ForRead);
Pipe oMain = (Pipe)mainObjId.GetObject(OpenMode.ForRead);

oLateral.IntersectWith(oMain, Intersect.ExtendThis, oPoints, 0, 0);

Thank you,

Christopher

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Christopher

If the pipe is an Arc we nned to use the Pipe.Curve2d property instead. Note that the Pipe.BaseCurve is not good for Arc, but for Lines.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves

Autodesk Developer Network

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Augusto. It looks like I have to do more work then if the curved pipe doesn't cross the pipe I'm looking for. 

Christopher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report