Contributor
zzffxx
Message 1 of 3 (680 Views)
Accepted Solution

intersection lines between two surfaces

680 Views, 2 Replies
10-15-2013 01:49 AM

Hi,

I wonder how to get intersection lines between two surfaces in Civil3D API. It seems that the "MinimumDistBetweenSurfaces" command in Civil3D can do this work. But I can't find corresponding API.

Can anyone help me?

Hi,

I don't know any API function to do that, so I guess the way is like to do that manually: create a new volume-surface that shows Surf1-Surf2, set the style to show contours (just one contour at elevation = 0) and extract that contour as this is the intersection-line between Surf1 and Surf2.

Good luck, - alfred -

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (675 Views)

Re: intersection lines between two surfaces

10-15-2013 02:30 AM in reply to: zzffxx

Hi,

I don't know any API function to do that, so I guess the way is like to do that manually: create a new volume-surface that shows Surf1-Surf2, set the style to show contours (just one contour at elevation = 0) and extract that contour as this is the intersection-line between Surf1 and Surf2.

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
zzffxx
Message 3 of 3 (634 Views)

Re: intersection lines between two surfaces

10-17-2013 01:15 AM in reply to: zzffxx

Expect more methods.

Anyway,thanks

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.