Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import/Export Custom Assemblies Palette

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
littom15
830 Views, 1 Reply

Import/Export Custom Assemblies Palette

I recently made a custom Tool Palette that contains all of our most commonly used Assemblies in our office on my PC. I then exported the Paleette to a location on our network and tried to import it onto another workstation. The Palette imported correctly and all of the assemblies are visible. However, when an assembly is attempted to be inserted into a drawing nothing is inserted.

Upon insertion the properties menu box shows up indicating that it is closed or locked..."do you wish to continue".

Is there a step that I am missing on importing or exporting of assemblies or Palettes?

Tom
URS Corporation
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tyronebk
in reply to: littom15

I'm guessing that the problem you are having is that the custom assemblies are still being stored on your local drive and are inaccessible to the other machine.

The default location that custom assemblies are created in is: %AECCCONTENT_DIR%\Assemblies (where %AECCCONTENT_DIR% is typically C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2012\enu\ depending on your language and version).

Go to that location and copy all the DWG files found here to a network location (or weed through them if there are any undesirables found).

Finally, if you open the .XTP file that was exported in a text editor and search for <ExternalDrawing> you will find something like <ExternalDrawing>%AECCCONTENT_DIR%\Assemblies\Typically2Lane.dwg</ExternalDrawing>. Just do a find and replace of all %AECCCONTENT_DIR%\Assemblies with the new network location. Save the file and import it again with hopefully better results.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report