AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization

AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization

RichardSmith6320
Message 1 of 2 (2,130 Views)

How to Set Default Plotter & Plot Style

2130 Views, 1 Replies
08-17-2012 06:32 AM

I am trying to set default plotter and plot style so I dont have to select every time but AutoCAD is not keeping the setting. I went to "Options", "Plot & Publish" and selected my plotter I want to be default but it's not keeping that
setting. I also changed the default plot style under "Plot Style Table Settings" under "Plot & Publish" but AutoCAD is not keeping that setting as well. Please see the youtube video I uploaded demonstrating this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-bH45OX-5E

Any help is appreciated.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (2,114 Views)

Re: How to Set Default Plotter & Plot Style

08-19-2012 07:53 AM in reply to: RichardSmith6320

Hi,

Create a new drawing based on your default template.

Add then layouts with pagesetups you like to have as the default (so you have set your pagesize, printer, ...)

Save this drawing as new template, that you use in the future.

Within _OPTIONS ==> tab "Files" you can specify this new template as the default one for QNEW.

Look also >>>here<<< for information about templates.

HTH, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.