Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Set Default Plotter & Plot Style

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RichardSmith6320
5704 Views, 2 Replies

How to Set Default Plotter & Plot Style

I am trying to set default plotter and plot style so I dont have to select every time but AutoCAD is not keeping the setting. I went to "Options", "Plot & Publish" and selected my plotter I want to be default but it's not keeping that
setting. I also changed the default plot style under "Plot Style Table Settings" under "Plot & Publish" but AutoCAD is not keeping that setting as well. Please see the youtube video I uploaded demonstrating this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-bH45OX-5E

Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

Create a new drawing based on your default template.

Add then layouts with pagesetups you like to have as the default (so you have set your pagesize, printer, ...)

Save this drawing as new template, that you use in the future.

Within _OPTIONS ==> tab "Files" you can specify this new template as the default one for QNEW.

Look also >>>here<<< for information about templates.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3

This about create new drawing what about opening an old one with an other default settings??

do i have to make it every time i open an old drawing??!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report