Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Changing Co-ordinate System And Text Contents

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Merlin05
251 Views, 3 Replies

How Do I Changing Co-ordinate System And Text Contents

I need to Change my co-ordinate system using Civil3d-2014. I need to use a Gauss Conform Lo.29 system. Its not amoungst the list to choose from in the drawing settings. Also when i just choose a different random Co-System it does not change the text content. How do I change the text Content to be relevant with a different Co-system.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I'm not sure Civil 3D will support Coordinate System not listed on the UI (or on the API). Is this your question?

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 4
el_nath
in reply to: Merlin05

If the coordinate system you want is not listed, you will have to create one. Go to Map 3D workspace (Planning and Analysis), Map Setup tab, Coordinate System panel, Create button. Be forewarned, you will receive little help from Autodesk in this task, trust me, I have been in the same boat. I had to create the six local borough coordinate systems for New York City, as they are not included with the US version of Civil 3D. It was not a fun task; tons of trial and error.

Good luck.

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
Message 4 of 4
Merlin05
in reply to: el_nath

Much Thanks is appreciated. However this is not a simple task. i managed to change the system by using grid northing and grid easting according to refrence points given by a surveyor. see http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/dynamic-labels-that-show-northing-easting-and...
this is a complex process and does require assistance from advanced Civil3d users.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report