Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get corridor section from point picked

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
217 Views, 4 Replies

get corridor section from point picked

I've requested this before, so I'm kind of rechecking.
If I have a Corridor set up, and want to know the shape of the road section at a station along a baseline alignment, can
it be done via the API?

Normally, you would do this by cutting the surface created by a corridor, and looking at the profile, but that suffers
in horizontally curving areas. The problem is the user will pick points to label based on an arc, while the steep curb
surface "chords" behind the actual curb line.
I'm basically looking to get an alignment/assembly based TC elevation, if I pick a point on my curving curb line in
plan.
I guess I could dig through the corridor and find the region I was in, then dig through the assembly to see what is
going on in that region.
Is there a faster way to tell what region I am in, and what the section is doing there relative to the baseline that
defines it?
thx
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - at - hunsaker - dotcom
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nzeeben
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi James,

In the 2008 api's you can add a corridor section at a specific station. After you have a station built at that location, you can then crawl the section information to extract the calced values you are after.

Yes this requires a corridor rebuild, but it will get you the data at the location you are after.
Thanks
Nick
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

hey, that is close, thanks.
Thing is, the user wanting to know the section will not have write access to the corridor.
Oh shoot, just remembered you cannot dref a corridor.
Dang, what a shame.

nzeeben <>
|>Hi James,
|>
|>In the 2008 api's you can add a corridor section at a specific station. After you have a station built at that location, you can then crawl the section information to extract the calced values you are after.
|>
|>Yes this requires a corridor rebuild, but it will get you the data at the location you are after.
|>Thanks
|>Nick
James Maeding
Message 4 of 5
nzeeben

They only wont have access if you dont give them access. You could still open the dwg readonly, make the mod to the corridor get the information and then store it in whatever crafty label you have dreamed up.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

right, but that is extreme compared to having access to the object via dref.
speed if the problem there, I'll keep thining about it.

nzeeben <>
|>They only wont have access if you dont give them access. You could still open the dwg readonly, make the mod to the corridor get the information and then store it in whatever crafty label you have dreamed up.
James Maeding

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report