Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Figure Prefix Database Manager running SLOW

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TonyC508
437 Views, 5 Replies

Figure Prefix Database Manager running SLOW

I'm having trouble with my figure prefix database manager.  When I try to open it up it takes a very long time. And when I try and do any edits, it also takes a very long time.  I usually have to hijack someone elses machine to do any management.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Does anyone know a solution?  One of the other workstations I use that it works fine on has the same specs as this machine and that has no problems.  Also even just looking at the figure list in toolspace really slows down the performance.

The figure database is kept on a network drive but my network connection is very good, I don't seem to have any problems in other areas while trying to access the network.

Computer Specs

AMD Phenom II X4 840

8 GB Ram

GeForce GT 640 4 GB of Ram

Windows 7 Pro

Civil3D 2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
taneum
in reply to: TonyC508

I am experiencing the same issue in 2018 and this is the only topic I have seen on it, so in 6 years since your initial post this issue can still persist.  Did you ever figure anything out?

Message 3 of 6
aflewelling
in reply to: taneum

Does anyone else know about this? I just started a new figure prefix database, and with each entry, it gets slower...and slower...........and slower. It's a real problem. It's all brand-new, from scratch, and it's all on my local C: drive. Civil 2021. Can it be edited in another dbase software?

Anton Flewelling
CAD Manager
Message 4 of 6
MSchille-1994
in reply to: aflewelling

I am at another place of employment now and don't deal with this to much, but I cant believe this is only happening to the three of us.  Still no solution that I am aware of.

Attitude, not Aptitude, Determines Altitude
Message 5 of 6
aflewelling
in reply to: TonyC508

I researched this for a while yesterday. Of course, as soon as I post a question, I went and found a new result. See here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/civil-3d-2020-survey-database-edit-use-survey-figures-...

I've reinstalled SQL Compact 4, and it seems to help. It's still slow, but it's not crawling. I may try some more.

I also didn't realize this is in "Civil Customization", so not a lot of traffic seeing this...

Anton Flewelling
CAD Manager
Message 6 of 6
MSchille-1994
in reply to: aflewelling

I will have to take a look at this some time.  Thanks for the link.

Attitude, not Aptitude, Determines Altitude

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report