Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Tooltips and videos.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
theminiguy
936 Views, 4 Replies

Extended Tooltips and videos.

I have read throught the extended tooltip support files and it still dosent answer my question.

I want to create the images for my lisp/.net comands to assit my users and would also like to make videos to match the support videos ie. Creat Alignment tool tip video (see attached)..

But having said that i would like to know if the tooltips system variable will turn off the videos from loading, so my expert users dont get a delay on commands...

Cheers

~~Laptop~~
Quad Core 2.3GHz Intel, 64-Bit, Win 7
16GB Ram, 2GB Graphics Card
256GB SSD

~~AU2009 Speaker~~
CV314-5: AutoCAD® Civil 3D® Design Straight Out of the Box: Going Where the Design Wizards Can't Always Go .....
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

So do you want to show a video on your custom ribbon command button? If yes, just set the ExpandedVideo property of the RibbonToolTip object.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Autodesk Developer Network

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Message 3 of 5

Hi Augusto,

Have you tried to achieve this by specifying the Expanded Video inside an Extended Help File (.xaml) for a command item in a CUIX file? I am trying just that for a C++ project where the associated ribbon menu is specified using a CUIx file. So far, I have the following xaml-code which displays "Video is loading..." in the ribbon tool tip, but nothing happens...:

<src:RibbonToolTip x:Key="MMU_190_65DF4" ExpandedVideo="/MyVideo.wmv">
</src:RibbonToolTip>

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

Which C3D version are you using? How are you setting this video property? Which API?

The property I mentioned was working fine on Runtime Ribbon API with .NET, just FYI.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Message 5 of 5
rasmusfb
in reply to: theminiguy

I have simply made a CUIx file and specified all my commands there (through the GUI). If you look at a command item in a CUIx file, you will see that it has an associated property called Extended Help File. I have made such a help file, the xaml file I posted previously, in an attempt to embed a video in the tooltip for the command. I am not interacting with any API through code for this purpose.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report