Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expressions losing custom pipe property reference

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JonRusk
670 Views, 4 Replies

expressions losing custom pipe property reference

Is anyone else having problems using custom pipe properties in pipe label expressions in 2013? I have some expressions relating to stub callouts and the ones that directly reference the custom properties lose that reference every so often.

For example I have and expression called "STUB-Riser-Length2d" which is defined as "{Riser Length} / SQRT(2)" where "Riser Length" is the custom pipe property. Every week or so it changes to "/ SQRT(2)".

I haven't been able to find the pattern as to exactly when this happens yet. All expressions not referencing custom properties seem to be holding steady. The pipe catalog is on a shared drive on the network, if that makes any difference.

Civil 3D 2013 - Windows 7 Pro 64 - Dell T3500 - Xeon 2.67 - 24gb - Quadro 600
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SethHall
in reply to: JonRusk

Does anything change with the catalog?

If you go in and check that part does that property still exist?

I wonder if PARTCATALOGREGEN is triggering this... do you recall running this command around the time the expression disappears?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 5
JonRusk
in reply to: SethHall

The part catalog has 'non-standard' pipes but they are just the stock pipes with the names and descriptions changed. It hasn't been changed in weeks.

The custom properties always are in the pipe properties.

PARTCATALOGREGEN doesn't seem to affect it.

I thought maybe losing network connection would trigger it, it did once, after saved and reopened, but can't replicate it.

Message 4 of 5
JonRusk

Ok, I think I found it... the drawing that is opened when Autocad starts loses the custom references 100% of the time. So if I just straight start Autocad, drawing1 breaks. If I double click a DWG in windows explorer when Autocad is closed, that drawing breaks. If I then close that drawing without saving and reopen it then it still has the references.

Message 5 of 5
JonRusk

So I assume this is a bug then, and you guys are working on it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report