Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Corridor Surface

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
rasmusfb
2558 Views, 13 Replies

Empty Corridor Surface

It seems that when I create a Corridor Surface with the 2015 API in one of my commands, the resulting TIN has no triangles - so FindElevationAtXY does not work… However, when my command has ended and control is given back to the UI, the Properties Dialog of the newly made TIN reports that it has triangles. I have also tried using two transactions – one to create the Corridor Surface and one to read out the properties of the resulting TIN, but also in this case there are no triangles.. (I add one single Link Code to the Surface and use Corridor Extents as Boundary)

Is it a bug, or why this behaviour? Workaround to get FindElevationAtXY working?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Can you try rebuild the corridor?

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 14

I of course rebuild the corridor at the end of the first transaction where I add the corridor surface.

Message 4 of 14

Hi,

I made a testing code with:

1. select a corridor

2. create a new corridor surface with Corridor.CorridorSurfaces.Add()

3. the newly created surface has no triangles

This is expected, same happens on UI

And to complete the test, at a second command I can open the same newly created surface, still no triangles.

If you have a different behavior on the API, can you reproduce the same on the UI?

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Message 5 of 14

Again; I rebuild the corridor at the end of the transaction where I add the corridor surface. Next, if I start a new transaction in the same command and read out the corridor surface, it has no triangles. When my command has ended, I can look at the corridor surface in the UI and it has triangles. In the UI, if you add a corridor surface and rebuild the corridor, the resulting surface has triangles.

Message 6 of 14

I may be missing a step then: when I try on the UI the surface has NO triangles. Can you clarify the steps please?

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Message 7 of 14

So what do you need to do in the UI so that the surface has triangles?
Message 8 of 14

I'd try splitting up the command by using a LispFunction and calling the LispFunction at the end of the command creating the corridor. 

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 9 of 14
rasmusfb
in reply to: rasmusfb

While in the UI, you rebuild the corridor after adding a corridor surface, in code you rebuild the surface...

Message 10 of 14
srleone
in reply to: rasmusfb

My corridor surfaces are empty, too. I was able to select them in Prospector to delete them in Model Space, but each time I try using the UI to make another corridor surface, it just adds another entry in the Corridor Surfaces dialog box for that corridor, and I add another corridor-extents boundary, and it just adds an entry into Prospector... that is blank!

Weirdly, I was able to make a corridor surface for the intersection, but not the roads.

I have already deleted the corridors entirely and re-created them, to no avail.

blank-surface1.PNGblank-surface2.PNG

I notice that I do not have the option of Adding as Breaklines... I have no idea if that is significant to creating a corridor surface.

I have tried closing Civil 3D 2017, and re-opening, but that did nothing.

HELP!

Message 11 of 14
Jeff_M
in reply to: srleone

@srleone, replying to a 3 year old post which has been marked as solved is a good way to not get any responses. In the future, start a new thread and include a link back to the old thread if you feel that thread helps describe your issue.

I see in your images that you have not added any data to the surfaces. Make sure you add links and/or featurelines to the surface. See that section of the Corridor Surface tab that has the title "Add Data"? It's there for a reason.... 🙂

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 12 of 14
srleone
in reply to: Jeff_M

The reason is, I was never taught to do so.

But I had ended up trying that out of desperation... and it worked!

Thank you for replying 🙂

Message 13 of 14
hniranjan017
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi,

I too got a similar problem but I ensured, data is added.

I created corridor surfaces and pasted in the composite surface. One day suddenly one of the corridor surface got missed while all the other corridor surfaces are working fine. I found that there is no data in that corridor surface. I tried changing corridor regions, I could see it reflecting on the drawing. Can you please let me know what might be the reason and is there any way out, other than recreating the corridor again.

Thanks,

Niranjan

C3D Forum_3.PNGC3D Forum_2.PNG

Message 14 of 14
Jeff_M
in reply to: hniranjan017

Since you read my post you should've seen that posting your issue to an old thread is not a best practice. Creating a NEW post and linking back to the old one would be best so you are sure to get at least more views and possible responses.

Can you post your drawing file?
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report