Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining/Creating Coordinate System Error

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
pottsk1
477 Views, 2 Replies

Defining/Creating Coordinate System Error

We recently upgraded our computers and I am now setting up our local coordinate systems for our county. I am using the wizard in Civil 3D 2013, which is different from 2010. I can set up all of the information the wizard asks for, but when I select the finish button I get an error message that says I am not the administrator and cannot change the program. I checked under my user account on my computer and it says administrator. Any idea on why I'm getting this error and how to fix it? Defining and/or creating the coordinate systems this way is frustrating! I liked the way it was done in Civil 3D 2009 & 2010.

Kim Potts
AutoCAD/Survey Tech
Merritt LS L.L.C..
743 Horizon Ct. Suite 100B
Grand Junction, CO 81506
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: pottsk1

Hi Kim,

Try running Civil 3D 2013 as an admin - "Run as administrator".
When you create custom coordinate system, this custom data is saved in system folder where you need write access and when you start Civil 3D / Map 3D as an administrator that should help you in creating and writing to those specific folders.

Hope this helps!

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3
pottsk1
in reply to: pottsk1

I am the administrator on my computer. That is why this was so frustrating! I contacted our IT people and we finally (after about 3 hours of lost time) figured out that I had to manually go into the geospatial coordinate system folder on my C drive and change it there. This has been a really frustrating process just to set up 6 coordinate systems. I can only hope that in the future Autodesk  can provide more senoras and ways to troubleshoot warnings that come up.

Thanks so much for your suggestion, I appreciate it! Smiley Happy

Kim

Kim Potts
AutoCAD/Survey Tech
Merritt LS L.L.C..
743 Horizon Ct. Suite 100B
Grand Junction, CO 81506

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report