Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a alignment from lots of polylines

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fishautodesk124
343 Views, 2 Replies

Create a alignment from lots of polylines

Hello,

I new to customization stuff in autocad civil 3d 2012 sp 4 and would like to know if there is something I can do to make a customization tool to make my work easier.

Here is what I would like:

We receive our survey data from or surveyors where the cl, etw etc. are all broken polylines (survey can't make it one continues polyline). For the engineers we usually connect all the broken polylines into one by using various pline edit and join command in autocad 2012 civil 3d and then create a object from a polyline.

This command can get very time consuming if your alignments are long.

Is there away that I can make a customize command or something that I can type the names of each polyline for example the centerline and then create a object from the polyline to get a alignment.

Thanks

Windows 10 Professional Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4 3.41 GHZ
16 GB
64-bit Operating System x64-based processor
AutoCAD Civil 3d 2016 sp 4
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

when you say you are new to customization what API do you like to use? COM, .NET, LISP, ARX, ...?

And just to make sure: you know the _MAPCLEAN command (>>>details<<<), great to connect lines, arcs, polylines, 3d-polylines to polylines (with tolerance values)? Might solve a lot of problems that you described (a drawing-upload to see what you have before and after your manual work can also bring some additional input).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3

I assume the points have specific codes on them? Ie: CL. Thinking outside the box a bit, I think you could write something allowing you to select points based on code and connect with an alignment. Key here would be the order they were selected - so may have to build in a something that looks at coordinate values North south, east to west, etc

Steve Hill
Civil Designer / .NET Developer
AutoCAD Certified Professional
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
http://redtransitconsultants.com/
Autodesk Exchange Store
Twitter | LinkedIn

Please select the Accept this solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report