Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Catalog Editor keeps crashing

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
ahoesintalib
1835 Views, 22 Replies

Content Catalog Editor keeps crashing

Hello all,

Not sure if this is supposed to go here, but it makes sense to me to post it here. Hopefully I'm not the only one with this problem..

I'm working on pressure pipe elbow pieces. I made the solids, added autodeskconnectionpoints, exported them to *.content files and all that. I doubt it has anything to do with this though.

The problem at hand is when I open the catalog editor and open our *.sqlite file (pipe database) it works fine (i.e. I can browse all the pieces, look at information, etc.), but as soon as I press the import part button and want to browse to the new *.content file, it instantly crashes and it shows the usual screen "do you want to send this to Autodesk" etc. 

Any ideas how to fix this problem? We're running the infrastructure design suite 2014. The content catalog editor appears to be the 2013 version for some reason. Is there any update downloadable?

Hope someone comes up with a solution! 

thanks in advance.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
ahoesintalib
in reply to: ahoesintalib

Additional information:

- It happens both when I try to import parts in the existing *.sqlite and when I try to make a new database.

Added a screenshot of the error.

Message 3 of 23
tyronebk

Do you have all Civil 3D 2013/2014 service packs installed? I recall the CCE crashing a lot until I applied the service packs. I do not recall exactly which service pack corrected the problem though, but it has been stable ever since.

Message 4 of 23
ahoesintalib
in reply to: tyronebk

I have the Civil 3D Servicepack 1 installed, not sure if there's any others? 

Would I require to export the content files again to make them work? 

Message 5 of 23
tyronebk

I've attached some sample content files you can test. These come into our databases just fine, so if they crash for you, the problem likely isn't with your content files. Note that these are metric.

Message 6 of 23
Partha.Sarkar

Hi ahoesintalib,

Did you manage to try the sample content files uploaded earlier by tyronebk ?

Do they crash as well ?

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 7 of 23
ahoesintalib

Hi Tyronebk,

Thanks for the content files. Unfortunately the content editor still crashes as soon as I press the 3 little dots to browse to the file at the import section.. 

Message 8 of 23
ahoesintalib

I'm still having this problem... Anyone any ideas? I'm thinking about locating the registry key, because it might point to the wrong destination folder (i.e. not where the sqlite actually is). 

Message 9 of 23
Marsay

I am having this problem as well.

Civil 3D 2015 sp1.

I wish Autodesk would let us know that they are working on it.

Message 10 of 23
ehaberman
in reply to: Marsay

I want to keep this topic alive. Mine crashes as well. I can use parts that come with C3d and even modify them but when I try to import a part to content catalog under the import from .CONTENT file, I browse to my .CONTENT file and hit open, it waits a few seconds and I get an error window that forces me to close the editor. This must be a 2015 issue. Everything works fine up to that point. I've attached a screenshot of the error as well as one of the the .CONTENT file I was trying to use.

Message 11 of 23
nathan_brown

I am also having this same problem.  I can produce and save a .content file but when I try to import it into the catalog with the content editor it crashes.  Not very good when you are working for a water utility and you can't design water systems.

Message 12 of 23
CADmgrMike
in reply to: nathan_brown

Same problem here.

Tried to create a gate valve for a water project.

Using 2014, but I do have 2015 installed.

?????

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 13 of 23
CADmgrMike
in reply to: CADmgrMike

I just figured out how to get it to work.

the icon on my desktop was looking at the Content Catalog Editor installed with 2015.

go to the folder where the 2014 version was installed and open the Content Catalog Editor exe file from that location.

Worked for me when I did that.

Mike Porter
Message 14 of 23

I have the latest SP installed on 2015 and I am getting the same exact problem.  Is anyone at Autodesk looking into this?

Message 15 of 23
CADmgrMike
in reply to: abamdesigner

Did you try my post above yours? If you have 2014 and 2015 installed, the only way I can get it to work is run the exe file in the 2014 installation folder
Mike Porter
Message 16 of 23
abamdesigner
in reply to: CADmgrMike

We are running 2015, and did not install 2014.  I tried the 2013 Content Catalog Editor and was able to get it to add the valve without crashing.  I am testing 2015 pressure pipe network to see if I can get it to add the valve correctly.  So far, the new valve shows up in the dialog box to add the part, but it is not showing up in plan view.

Message 17 of 23
desgraves
in reply to: Partha.Sarkar

I have tried the sample content files given and the same error happens to me....any suggestions to fix it...

Have SP 1 installed.

Message 18 of 23

I'm having the same problem using the Cd3 2015 SP2. I can create the .Content file but cant import it.

I tried the sample files in the topic, but no luck as well.

Has anyone found a solution for this? 

Message 19 of 23

so I have the same issue. Unfortunately, 2014 didn't work for me, however 2013 did.

Okay Autodesk, please fix this. Why does the 2013 file work, but the more recent ones don't? 

I even used the exact same content and catalog files! just a different content catalog editor version.

Message 20 of 23
Erich_Raska

Here is the FIX for 2015...Smiley Very Happy

Place in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\C3D

Done!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report