Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civil 3d 2014 working plane tool - attention Jeff_M

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
neilyj666
906 Views, 27 Replies

civil 3d 2014 working plane tool - attention Jeff_M

Jeff

I tried the working plane tool in 2014 and the tool crashed - I don't have the screengrab of the error handy.

Are you able to take a look to see if there are any issues with 2014?

thanks

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: neilyj666

Hi,

what path is now shown as not trusted, the one from the ACAD.LSP or the one with the DLL?

And jsut to make sure: when you set SECURELOAD to 0, then restart C3D ... you are also asked?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 22 of 28
neilyj666
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

It works as expected with SECURELOAD=0 but the following whe SECURELOAD=1 - could the double slashes have an effect??

2013-05-13 11_16_23-AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 - [Drawing1.dwg].jpg

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 23 of 28
Jeff_M

@neilyj666 wrote:
Yes I think it probably was, although I was meaning about the surface rebuilds rather than the code rebuilds. 

Oh, 2 different Rebuilds mentioned and I chose the wrong one to think about. Yes, you are right, it was not an issue while using the old version. It appears to be something wrong with the Rebuild() method of the .NET API which I have inquired about in the other thread I started.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 24 of 28
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> could the double slashes have an effect?

I would not think that, but who knows. At least it's not absolutely wrong, but also not absolutely correct to set double slashes.

Either you use single slashes or double backslashes (for the LISP syntax), so try to change them single slashes and lets know if that works then:

(command "_NETLOAD" "C:/AutoLISP/C3D Surface .....

If that also brings up the dialog for trusting the load then try to input the path in the same way with slashes within the trusted paths in the options. (btw. to be sure what and how you have set that now, can you upload a screenshot that shows your trusted paths settings within the options?)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 25 of 28
neilyj666
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Well what a turn up.... single slashes seem to have solved the problem Smiley Happy I don't get the Trusted Location dialog box now and I can run the WorkingPlane commandSmiley Happy

2013-05-14 09_14_01-C__AutoLisp_acad.lsp - Notepad++.jpg

EESignature

Message 26 of 28
stacy.dunn
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff,

Were you able to remove the COM dependencies?  Are you planning to post the source code?

Thank you,

Stacy

Stacy Dunn
Message 27 of 28
Jeff_M
in reply to: stacy.dunn

Yes, Stacy, the current iteration is COM-free. Attached is the current source code which references the 2013 .NET libraries and works in both 2013 & 2014.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 28 of 28
stacy.dunn
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks again Jeff.
Stacy Dunn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report