Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2014 - point label orientation view

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
totolamb
439 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D 2014 - point label orientation view

Hello,

I`m new in this forum and i have a problem with the "points labels".

I have to draw a facade plan and can`t show the points label in "right" or  "front" view.

In the image is visible that i changed the orientation of the point maker, but the label is still in "top"view.

How can I make it visible in "object"or "view" orientation style ? 

civil label.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: totolamb

Point labels, actually all Civil3D labels, were not intended to be viewed in any direction other than Plan in the WCS. So, unfortunately, what you want to do is not possible, at least as far as I have ever been able to tell.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5

It wouldn't be too hard to create a command that you selected the points and then have it create text to represent the descriptions. That way you wouldn't have to do it manualy. There should be plenty of examples on how to select objects, then create text from the point descriptions if you search using Google. It wouldn't be dynamic, but would be quicker then doing it manually. 

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 4 of 5
allanbsteven
in reply to: Jeff_M

That need to be fixed, we as surveyors all like to view survey in 3d views  but without point information its hard to work with.

Thanks

Allan

Message 5 of 5
allywhite666
in reply to: totolamb

How did you get the point makers to orient like that, I cant even get them do do it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report