Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centerline Alignment Profile Elevation

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
brianchapmandesign
5588 Views, 27 Replies

Centerline Alignment Profile Elevation

I can't seem to access the profile information i need.  I need a routine to insert a block with an attribute in plan view along a centerline alignment displaying the profile elevation for that station along that alignment.

LISP if possible (may wish to modify for own needs in future).  Willing to pay a little if working appropriately (using C3d 2011).

Thanks a mill for anyone kind enough to help!

"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
brianchapmandesign
in reply to: Jeff_M

Incredible you learned this on your own Jeff.... your one impressive dude!

Message 22 of 28
brianchapmandesign

really appreciate it Jeff... I know you must have worked hard on that...

still would like your advice on where to get after "hello world".  I have a novice understanding of visual basic itself, but not related to autocad. Should I start there?

I'd like to stick with VB... since I'm already slightly familiar with it.

Again, much appreciated!!!

Message 23 of 28
Jeff_M
in reply to: brianchapmandesign

VB.NET is fine, just I prefer to use C#. That's the nice thing about .NET, you have options.

Try to work through the .NET training: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/autocad_net_training0.zip This contains text and code for using both VB.NET and C#. 

Yes, .NET requires you to write more code than lisp would. But, as you've already noticed, .NET is MUCH faster to execute than lisp. See if you can work through the example I posted after using the converter to get it into VB.NET.

I'm offline for the next 8-12 hours, so good luck! Just dig in, it eventually will 'click'.  You can keep on posting where you get stuck, too. Josh is more into VB than I so he may have some other/better information for you.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 24 of 28

Since you are interacting with the user (getting a point and getting an entity), it would be good to go through the .Net tutorials that Jeff linked you to. The main page where the download is from is at: 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1911627

The .Net training zip is about halfway down the page. This will help you understand the methods available to interact with the user at the command line (through the Editor). 

To use this to get the alignment object is shown in the blog post below:

http://www.civil4d.com/2011/02/civil3d-net-getting-the-alignment-station-label-styles/

Josh Modglin
Advanced Technologies Solutions Logo
Message 25 of 28

Awesome... thanks a mill!

Message 26 of 28

for anyone watching this still, do you know any links that nicely explain good ways of structuring .net stuff?

So you might have functions that do extension methods, then ones that do pdf manipulation, some that do graphics and so on.

I basically use one namespace for all helper functions, and separate into projects and .cs files as it makes sense.

Essentially, its all on root folders with same namespace.

Do you guys separate into folders and use more detailes sub-namespaces?

Do you separate based on what referenced (dependencies) are needed?

Do you separate on items you can share, as opposed to proprietary ones?

I think half of any language is building on past stuff, and even beginners need things like extension methods set up.

Lookin for ideas.....

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 27 of 28
hiraramprajapat

Hi sir can you help me,

How to create profile from survey Elevation in planimetry  to Profile.

please see the attached drawing for sample

Message 28 of 28
Jeff_M
in reply to: hiraramprajapat

@hiraramprajapat replying to a 10 year old post with a new question is not the best way to get help. In the future, please start a new topic and include a link back to the old post if you think it is needed to describe what you are asking.

Use DATAEXTRACTION to output the text objects to a file. Edit the file to have only 3 columns...x,y, text value. Use the PointsImport to import an ENZ comma delimited file. Create a surface from the points. Create an alignment from the pipe polyline. Create a profile for the alignment from the surface. Insert a ProfileView for the alignment.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report