Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't customize workspace

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
autodeskslave
323 Views, 3 Replies

can't customize workspace

All I want to do is figure out how to rearrange my pull-down menus and add/remove those pull-downs like how it was done so easily in LDD with the menuload command.

I've reviewed the information provided in the help menu under the following heading: menus, pull-down, displaying

It's a simple step-by-step process but the problem is that my 'Customize Workspace' button is grayed-out no matter which workspace I choose (current or not), so I can't access the check-boxes for the menu pull-downs. Besides, the one time I was able to click that button (I don't know why it worked that one time) I had no check boxes next to the menu items anyway.

Menuload used to be so straightforward and easy!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bookerT
in reply to: autodeskslave

Slave,

Are you an administrator on your pc? Greyed out sounds like the file might be read only.

Booker
Message 3 of 4

I'm not an administrator. I included an attachment that shows where I'm at. In the attachment, you can see that I have 'Workspace1' highlighted but the Customize Workspace button is grayed out. The drawing I'm in isn't read-only but you can see that 'CIVIL' in my CUI says read-only. I don't know what that means since I'm new to Civil 3D.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: autodeskslave

Sounds like you have an Enterprise CUI. Look in the Autocad help for "To
modify an enterprise CUI file"

"autodeskslave" wrote in message news:5912740@discussion.autodesk.com...
> I'm not an administrator. I included an attachment that shows where I'm
> at In the attachment, you can see that I have 'Workspace1' highlighted
> but the Customize Workspace button is grayed out. The drawing I'm in
> isn't read-only but you can see that 'CIVIL' in my CUI says read-only. I
> don't know what that means since I'm new to Civil 3D.
>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report