Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do this?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
joantopo
382 Views, 1 Reply

Can I do this?

Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Entity ent= trans.getObject( Id,OpenMode.ForRead) as Entity,   if "id" belongs to a Feature Line ?

and

Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.DBObject  obj= trans.getObject( Id,OpenMode.ForRead) as DBObject   if "id" belongs to a Feature Line ?

There are ambiguous namespaces and I don´t know if I can use feature lines/survey figures in the same DatabaseServices from Autodesk.AutoCAD instead Autodesk.Civil3d.

I have a lot of functions that use line/arc/polyline/pol3d and feature line entities and I don´t know if I have to  check what is every entity with ObjectClass.DxfName="......"         first and then apply: "getObject" .

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jeff_M
in reply to: joantopo

Have you tried it?  Smiley Happy

BTW, since a Featureline derives from a Curve object, and a SurveyFigure derives from a Featureline, you can cast them both as Curve objects.... or Entity, or DBObject.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report