Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button Click from Palette

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
327 Views, 3 Replies

Button Click from Palette

Hi All,

I have a palette that I am attempting to create for a user interface for a custom command. The command works as a standalone command from the command line once the assembly is loaded. If I run the function/subroutine from the usercontrol load event, the command works. My issue is if i put the command in a button click event on the palette (usercontrol) the function/sub fails claiming that the "network can not be created due to an internal error", this appears to be because something is write protected.

the general function of the command is create a pipe network.

basic code of the usercontrol load event and button click event.

I don't understand how the command can work during the loading of the usercontrol/palette, but not in a button click event on the palette/usercontrol.

any push in the right direction would be great.

Dim c3d As New c3dtools
    Private Sub UserControl1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        GetPartsList()
        c3d.sysin()

End Sub

Private Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click
        c3d.sysin()

End Sub
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

to make the issue a little more clear here is the code contained within the button event...

Private Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click
        'GetBaseObjects()
        Dim odocument As CivilDocument
        Dim doccol As Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.DocumentCollection
        Dim doc As Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Document
        Dim tm As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.TransactionManager
        Dim ed As Editor

odocument = CivilApplication.ActiveDocument
        docCol = Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.DocumentManager
        doc = m_docCol.MdiActiveDocument
        tm = m_doc.Database.TransactionManager
        ed = m_doc.Editor

Dim trans As Transaction = tm.StartTransaction
        Dim onetworkid As ObjectId
        Dim onetwork As Network

Try
            onetworkid = Network.Create(odocument, "Pipe Network 01") 'Fails here...
        Catch ex As Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message, MsgBoxStyle.Information)
        End Try

Try
            onetwork = trans.GetObject(onetworkid, OpenMode.ForWrite)
        Catch
            Exit Sub
        End Try

trans.Commit()
        'c3d.sysin()

End Sub

Message 3 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

Since you are placing the code on a palette, which is always modeless, you must lock the document before making any changes to it from a palette. Not sure how to write it in VB, but this works in C#:

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            string ntwrkName = "Network 1";
            using (Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.DocumentLock doclock = AcApp.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.LockDocument())
            {
                using (Transaction tr = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase.TransactionManager.StartOpenCloseTransaction())
                {
                    try
                    {
                        ObjectId ntwrkId = Network.Create(CivilApplication.ActiveDocument, ref ntwrkName);
                    }
                    catch { }
                    tr.Commit();
                }
            }
        }

Also, be sure to use a variable passed as ByRef for the network name. This needs to be done so C3D can auto assign a new name if the name provided exists.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff, that worked great.

And yes the variable was passed as a Ref, however, for what I am doing the network would be deleted anyway, so Civil 3d doesn't need to increment it.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report