Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bing Map Images Stopped Working

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
jmartt
1972 Views, 14 Replies

Bing Map Images Stopped Working

Bing map images stopped working for me today. On two different computers. With different profiles. 

I've turned my hidden message back on and picked "yes" to showing online maps, just to be sure.

The 3D coordinate sytem is correct.

Georeferenced drawings will show the geolocation tab, with the online map buttons not grayed-out, and I can switch from Map Off to Aerial to Hybrid, etc., but nothing happens. I've zoomed in and out and regened.

I can bring in georeferenced data and it lands in the right spot relative to each other and the coordinates look like something I'd expect.

If I attempt to capture an area I get "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled...."

Never happened before.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
cchuls
in reply to: jmartt

We're having the same issue here on multiple stations using Map 3D and long with Civil 3D. I've tried everything you can think of from creating a new 360 profile, hardward exceleration, and various others. Rumor has it that Bing may have had a crash sometime yesterday around 2:00 PM Central Time. Also, one of my co-workers has placed two tickets to different CAD sources to see if they have heard something as well. Please share if you find out the answer. Thanks!

Message 3 of 15
opsis
in reply to: cchuls

Did you manage to rectify this problem please? I'm having the same problems at the minute.
Message 4 of 15
cchuls
in reply to: opsis

Here is the answer we got this morning:

Latest word from Phil Borycens: "A fix is targeted for the end of this week (Nov 7th). When the fix is live, AutoCAD users should see a message indicating that a fix is available when trying to use any of the Geolocation functionality."

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

Message 5 of 15
opsis

Thanks cchuls
Message 6 of 15
cchuls
in reply to: opsis

Here is the link to the fix. You'll need to make sure you have all the security updates and service packs up to date prior to installing.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-autoca...

Message 7 of 15
cdavis

OK.. I have a question on this now. I have the latest Service Pack, added the hot fix for geolocation, but I still cannot get my maps to show up. I sign in to 360, set my location, but when I go to edit the location by map, it says that maps cannot be displayed becaus I am either offline, not signed in to 360, or have chosen not to use live maps. In all 3 cases this is not true. Anyone have a solution as to where I am going wrong?

Thanks,

Chris M. Davis

Message 8 of 15
alg_v-k
in reply to: cdavis

I have the same thing happening.
Message 9 of 15
alex.cecato
in reply to: cdavis

+1

can anyone help us ??????

Message 10 of 15
cchuls
in reply to: alex.cecato

I'm sure you've tried to sign into 360 multiple times. But sometimes even when it says you are signed in, during the AutoCAD session you're really not. Try to go to the Get Started page and see if you are signed in there. I know I had that issue on mine after the new hotfix was installed. See if that clears things up hopefully.

Message 11 of 15
alex.cecato

Yesss !

Thanks a lot !

Message 12 of 15
cdavis
in reply to: alex.cecato

I am still unable to use the service. I have done the updates and patches and even the latest 360 update. Now I have this message that appears:

maps.jpg

I click on account settings and all I can do is change my password. Anyone else have any ideas on how to get this to work?

Thanks,

Chris

Message 13 of 15
dce
Contributor

Anyone know if Bing Maps is down again?

I can't get mine to work this morning.

Message 14 of 15
cchuls
in reply to: dce

Everything has been working so far lately. I know myself and others in the office have been asked quite frequently to sign into 360 when Map/Civil starts up. I'm sure you have varified that you were signed in already. If you have modified CAD recently you may want to check if you have that hotfix installed again.

Message 15 of 15
jporter

I hate to rais the dead here, but I have a user running Civil 3D 2015 who already installed the Bing hotfix (before the cutoff date of October 29, 2014) and has been connecting to Bing and capturing images fine all this time.  Just last week he used it.  However, today he connected to the Bing map fine, but when he attempts to capture an area he continuously gets a fatal error.  We've signed out of A360, restarted the system, and verified the hotfix is there, but no luck.  

Any ideas?

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report