Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD does not save my profile settings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rolaas
10108 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD does not save my profile settings

Hi,

I'm running AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 on Windows 7 Professional. I just got this new computer and the AutoCAD software was recently installed. As I always do when I get a new version of ACAD, I set up my Profile settings within the 'options' menu and save to my personal Profile, and set that profile as current.

Then I pull up all my typical toolbars, Layer manager, Xref manager and all that good stuff to my workspace and save a new workspace with my name, and set that workspace as current.

Now, with this new version of ACAD, every time I restart the program my settings are all gone. Eventhough my 'options' Profile is still saved in there, it's not set to current, so I have to do that every time. As well as my workspace, which doesn't appear the same way I set it up and saved it as a new workspace:

The ToolSpace, the command bar and the Xref manager disappears every time.

Does anyone have any Idea why this could be happening?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: rolaas

Have you checked if the startup parameter is set to use the profile you need? You can find it at the properties of the startup icon.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 6

A follow up to this, I have a workspace set and it will function fine for a couple of weeks, and each time I start my machine or Civil 3D, everything will be proper.  But every couple of weeks it will reset, the name of the workspace will still be there, and it will let me load it, but the settings, toolspace and other menus will not be in the correct spot.

After this happened a couple of times, I then began saving my workspace twice, one named backup and the other named "Larry Civil 3D".  I would only use the Larry Civil 3D, but again, after a period of time it would reset and both the Larry Civil 3D and the Backup would not work.

Any thoughts on this issue?

Thank you,

Larry

Message 4 of 6
High5mofo
in reply to: larryleso

go to your workspace settings and click on automatically save workspace settings.workspace settings.jpg

Message 5 of 6

could you give a better explanation on how to access the properties of the startup icon? Thanks!
Message 6 of 6

Not sure I understood it right, but you can simply right-click on the AutoCAD (or Civil 3D) icon and go to property.

If you need it to set-up for debug, please check at http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/2014/04/visual-studio-net-settings-for-civil-3d-2015.ht...

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report