Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Description Keys to points using vb.net

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tdunn3
465 Views, 6 Replies

Applying Description Keys to points using vb.net

I have created a custom point import with vb.net into Civil 3D 2012. I would like to be able to apply the description keys to the points after I import. Can someone point me in the right direction?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: tdunn3

I don't think you can apply the DescriptionKeys after import. You can have them applied during the import, though, by setting the correct settings for the Create Points and/or Import Points.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
Daniel.Du
in reply to: Jeff_M

Actually you can. Have you ever checked this blog? 

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/2012/06/creating-a-new-point-description-key-sets-using...

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 4 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: Daniel.Du

Yes, Daniel, I check that blog often. I also have code to create custom Description Key Sets. But, I haven't seen a way to apply DKSets to existing points in the API prior to 2013. That blog post only shows how to create the DK's using the new API for 2013. The new API also has the ApplyDescriptionKeys() for a CogoPoint object. But that does not help the OP since they are using C3D2012.

EESignature
Message 5 of 7
Jeff_M

Oops, I'd meant to add that there is another post on the blog that does show how to use the ApplyDescriptionKeys(). But, again, that is exclusive to 2013.

EESignature
Message 6 of 7
Daniel.Du

Yes, Jeff, it is a new API for Civil 3D 2013. 🙂

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 7 of 7
tdunn3
in reply to: Daniel.Du

I adjusted my code to import PNEZD using Aeccpoints.Importpoints and it applys the description keys and then I run through the csv again to attach the object data to the point. After reading the blog it makes me wish I had 2013 to program with, it would have made everything I was trying to do a whole lot easier!

Thank you everybody for your input

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report