Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aecess the Pipe Network object

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
356 Views, 3 Replies

Aecess the Pipe Network object

In the 3D model, we can see that the pipe and structure objects are represent as surface, so I am trying to retrieve the geometry data of the pipe and structure object, but I can't find the interface from the .net API which can help me to do this. I found that the class Pipe and class Structure are inherit from Autodesk.Civil.PipeNetwrok.DatabaseServices.Part, Part have a member "Solid3d", it look this interface is the one I am looking for. But still can not find the useful interface from this "Solid3d". Any idea is appreciated, thank you! 

@Civil 3D 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'cannot find the useful interface for this Solid3d'. This is a AutoCAD entity, so you can extract any information from it like any other AutoCAD solid.

Both Pipe and Structure derive from Part, and the Solid3dBody property is accessible on this level. For instance, I tried the following on a previous code...

>>>

Part part = trans.GetObject(pipeId, OpenMode.ForRead) as Part;
double partVolume = part.Solid3dBody.MassProperties.Volume;

<<<

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves

Autodesk Developer Network

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: augusto.goncalves

Hi Augusto,

Thanks for your suggestion! But sorry I was not describe it clear, the "geometry data" means the geometry structure of the object, I want to get all sub elements compose the pipe or structure object, e.g. the lines or the triangles of the pipe network.

Best regards

Jounny

Message 4 of 4
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jounny,

Sorry I still not sure what you need....please keep in mind that a pipe or structure is a 3d geometry, so we can, for instance, get the Solid3dBody and explode it to get less complex geometry. If you mean the geometry we see on top view, this is vewport dependent.

Maybe you can try attach an image pointing the information you need.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report