Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Pipe Network Invert line to Profile View

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ralstogj
568 Views, 2 Replies

Adding Pipe Network Invert line to Profile View

Hi

We have a big piping job coming up and as Civil3d still lacks some of the labelling abilities we want in the profile view bands. I am updating some old vba that adds a profile line of the invert of a pipe network to a profile view effectively tracing along the bottom of the network like I know a lot of people do by hand.

My original code works on assuming that the start and end structure are at the start and end of the alignment in the revised code I want to allow for situations where this is not the case.

Leading to my question is there and easy way to find the distance a profile view part is drawn along the parent alignment or do I have  look at writing my own function possibly extracting a polyline from the alignment and finding the distance using intersectionwith and distancefrom functions with the structure.

Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Civil3DReminders
in reply to: ralstogj

You should be able to use the end/start point of the pipe and get the station offset of that point in relation to the alignment of the profile view. Use the profile views alignment and pass the pipes start/end point. You can get the aligmnent ObjecId from the profile view in .NET (or the alignment in COM).

Christopher

Message 3 of 3
ralstogj
in reply to: Civil3DReminders

Chris

Thanks for the suggestion I will look into it tonight.

Justin

Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report