Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Dynamic Blocks to an Alignment Label

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
klesausk
710 Views, 1 Reply

Adding Dynamic Blocks to an Alignment Label

I am using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013. I am thinking that this may not be possible at this point but I am still going to try.  I have an alignment label style for station and offset.  I also have created a dynamic block for the border of this label to put around that label.  This call out border is not a typical single width border so the borders within the alignment style do not match and cannot be used for our designs. I have attached an image of the border around the label style for a random alignment.  So far the dynamic block has been a great fix for the border so that we dont spend a lot of time drawing in these borders for each label, but I was trying to add this dynamic block to the label style so that it would act as the border.  

So far I have tried adding the block as a component in the layout tab of the label style but it appears where I anchor it and does not access any of the dynamic attributes to make the callout box larger in reference to the text.  I know I can insert it so that in general it will be surrounding the Station, Offset, and Alignment contents, however, we frequently add additional text to our labels to callout pipe bends and other items so the box is not typically the same size. 

Does anyone know how I might be able to do this or if it is not possible at this time?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
klesausk
in reply to: klesausk

One other thing I am trying to mess with to see if it will work is creating a customized linetype for the border.  So far I am not having much luck so if anyone knows how to make that border a workable line type that'd be awesome. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report