Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About SurfaceBreakline.Vertices Property

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
joantopo
311 Views, 3 Replies

About SurfaceBreakline.Vertices Property

I would like to get original vertices(vertex) from breakline.

With  SurfaceBreakline.Vertices  property I can get a ObjectId collection of them but generally will contain more vertex that original vertex because it depend of "weeding factor" values and "suplementing factor" values.

How can I get only original vertex from breakline?

Perhaps, API should have other property to get only original vertex from breakline.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: joantopo

Hi,

You can get the vertex collection of the breakline using

SurfaceBreakline.Vertices Property

Could you explain me the need of getting the orginal vertices or the entity which were used to create the bearkline ?

If you have retained them in the DWG file that you can access them. Otherwise, I find we have only SurfaceBreakline.Vertices.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 4
joantopo
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Partha.

In Spain, the most land surveyors use Aplitop MDT program. This program has some interesting utilities like "Verificar líneas de rotura"- (Check breaklines):

http://www.aplitop.com/webaplitop/subidas/ayuda/mdt/referencia/lineasRotura/default.htm?turl=verific...

"verificar vértices sueltos" utility  is for check that all vertex of selected breaklines (selected from layers or designed) have to a point on the same vertex.If there is some vertex without point, program notify about this vertex location.

I always put a point on vertex to create TIN. I have save that all breaklines uses elevation from point.

I want to do the same for Civil 3D with CoGo Points.

Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000

https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
Message 4 of 4
joantopo
in reply to: joantopo

Look at my aplicattion screenshoot.

21.jpg

With button "Añadir lineas de rotura a superficie" (Add breaklines to surface) you can add all entities for each layer and create a new breakline set into the surface.Look at ToolSpace that each breakline set has the same name that layer name.

I can use a filter layer (group filter or properties filter) to select entities that I´m going to convert in breaklines.

Also,I can edit filter group, I can add or exclude layers in the filter group selected.

Now I have all CogoPoints of groupPoints included in definition surface,but I would like check if all vertices have a cogoPoint on each vertex.

Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report